Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I am romantic...really

Old friends. They bring a lot of things to mind.

...Especially if you haven't seen them in over a year.


My jar of excuses was empty...I couldn't think of one good reason not to see them. (Except for: I simply didn't want to, it would be more than awkward, and I hate being uncomfortable.)
But I decided to just suck it up...I thought, "Who knows, maybe it will be fun."

I was nervous. Thoughts were spinning and I had no idea what I was doing or thinking when I suggested ice-cream. (Ice-cream. It's my default. Happy place. Home. Good with the people you like and the people you don't.)

Then they called to confirm. Even seeing their name on my caller id made my stomach uneasy. But then I heard them say hello...their voice was so familiar. Safe. This was something I was definitely not expecting. Not in the least.

Overall, the evening was...weird, awkward, fun, and entertaining? And I got a scoop of cookies n cream. That was obviously delightful.

But then it got uncomfortable. And I remembered why I was so nervous in the beginning.. Because some things...never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment